Use this process to book all rides that are not ride-share (Lyft) or paid by insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, etc).
Click the Book Trip button in the top right corner of your Dashboard
Step 1: Select Patient
- Search for your patient or Add a New Patient
Step 2: Setup Trip
Select whether the trip is One Way or Round Trip
If the trip is recurring, select the Repeats checkbox
Select your Pickup and Drop Off Locations by clicking these boxes:
You can select either Drop off or Pickup time for each leg of the trip
Choose the time you would like the patient picked up/dropped off
- Facility paid higher level of transport timing
- All higher level of transport trips should be booked with a minimum of 24 hours notice for scheduled appointments
- For urgent need/discharge transports, these rides can be booked on an as needed basis.
- If you select a Will Call pickup, you can update the portal yourself or instruct the patient to call the Navigation Center (Menu Option 1) when they are ready for pickup.
Step 3: Patient Needs
- Select either Ambulatory, Wheelchair, or Stretcher
- If you select Ambulatory, you can select Medical Sedan/Taxi; If you want to book a Lyft, see separate instructions on how to book a Lyft
- If you select Wheelchair, indicate whether the patient is on oxygen, the patient’s weight, and whether or not the transport will involve stairs
- If you select Stretcher, complete the following workflow:
- Whether or not a car seat is required, patient’s weight, and patient’s height
- Indicate whether the patient requires a stretcher van, BLS, ALS, or SCT/CCT by selecting the conditions that match the patient.
- Our system will automatically use these selections to help choose the proper level of stretcher vehicle
- Indicate a trip reason. Depending on the trip reason, more info may be required
- In the Additional Information field, enter any information you previously would have relayed over the phone to the transportation provider
- Door through door/door to door/curb to curb service
- Unit/Floor #
- Enter any specific Driver Instructions
Step 4: Trip Payment
- Select either Facility or Patient as the Payer Type
- If you select Patient, you will be prompted to enter Credit Card information
Step 5: Trip Review
Review your trip and ensure all of the information is correct.
- Notice that the status is Finding Providers
- As soon as a transportation provider has been assigned to the trip, the authorization status will change to Queued
Scroll to the bottom of your screen and click Book Trip